Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Solution to Bankruptcy

"And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially. We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said. “Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.”

Okay. I never knew one could spend as much money as they wanted...and not go bankrupt. Where is the line here? Of course, the fact that America is already bankrupt (and has been, for quite awhile), is something to consider.

But guess what, Vice President Biden? When one is in debt up to their eyeballs, and has absolutely NO money, it isn't wise to keep spending.

I wish it were, though. I mean, just think of what I could buy...and operating on that logic, never have 'no' money left!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Liberty: Take a look at this:
http://usdebtclock.org/

It makes me mad! Oh, come on! Logically, you need to save and NOT spend to get out of debt... Where did Obama and Biden get their thinking from?

God save America.