Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yay

So...the Republicans took the House. Big surprise, whoopiee. In Texas, my home state, Rick Perry got elected to a third term. Awesome. I'm so proud of the voting Texans in this state. They averted....uh....Rick Perry's virtual carbon copy, Bill White, from getting into office. Go ya'll. Thank you so much for saddling us all with that man for another four years.

Mac Thornberry, our representative for the House also got reelected. For the ninth time. This'll be his tenth term in the House. Once again, I'm so proud we voted in a small-government candidate from the Republican party! You go Mac, keep voting for legislation like the PATRIOT act, TARP, and all that stuff, and reduce the size of that government!

Yeah. I'm....very excited about the outcome of this election, in case you can't tell.

8 comments:

Lorain said...

I just started blogging a few months ago and am searching for good blogs to follow...I think I'm gonna like you ;)

Sun Tzu said...

I'm sensing some hostility to career politicians....

In your defence, some career politicians do tend over that time to take a liking to slicing themselves additional powers beyond their mandated authority and the public doesn't seem to pay much attention.

I don't generally support term limits as a solution to that problem. We did kick out some bums who'd been there for decades yesterday around the country after all.

Kyla Denae said...

SunTzu- there's hostility when people keep insisting they're doing a fine job afterh aving been there for years...and they've tried their hardest to run us off a rail. About the only thing Perry/Thornberry have going for them is a) their names rhyme, which is just epic as I just noticed it, and b) they're Republicans.

In any case. Yes, several long-term politicians got voted out yesterday. Yay! Now...if their replacements will do a good job... ^.^

Lorain- thanks! :))

Candy said...

I don't think anyone was surprised about the outcomes.

I hope the changes in the House will actually help DO something. When do you think the economy will be back to where it was before? Like a good econ.? Or do you think that that will never happen again?

Kyla Denae said...

Candy- The problem with giving a simple, straightforward answer to that is...there isn't one. We haven't had a "sound" economy in years. Decades. We have had an appearance of wealth for so long, with debt, etc. that we don't know what a sound economy is anymore. We wouldn't recognize it if it hit us in the face...and especially not if it came in the form of over all lowering of incomes and living standards, but actual, hard cash, etc. to back it up instead of inflated credit.

Christopher said...

Yay?!?

I knew this was coming, but I still refuse to acknowledge that this happened.

Kyla Denae said...

Christopher- there was much sarcasm in this post. XD

Christopher said...

Well there you have it.

Now I feel silly.