Thursday, October 21, 2010

Didn't we already do this?

Right. So now we're about to sell $60 billion in weapons to our very near and dear radical Muslim friendly friends in Saudi Arabia! Because it's so smart to do that. It's worked so well in the past.

I mean...Iraq never turned on us after we sold her weapons. Nor did Russia. Or Syria. Or Iran. Or Pakistan.

Not at all. Why, selling our weapons to other people just makes them love us so much! They think- "Wow! America really loves us! Let's not attack her now!"

If only...

6 comments:

Näna said...

Haha! Ain't that the truth!

Christopher said...

We sound kind of like 3rd graders here. "What can we do to make Saudi Arabia like us? I got it! Let's give them multitudes of dangerous weapons!"

Charlene said...

I asked a guy about this, who works with companies who make weapons that end up being sold to our "friends". He said, "If we don't sell them the weapons the French will."

Kyla Denae said...

Christopher- indeed. Rather sad, isn't it? :D

Charlene- that may be, but I still don't see the good sense in bringing the rope to our own hanging.

Candy said...

Agreed.

Btw, I just started following your blog about a few days ago and I love your insights. Especially the funny, sarcastic tone in your voices. I love how passionate you are about politics, and are you only 15! I personally, am not fond at all about politics, BUT I like keeping up with what's going on in the world and I love reading a teen's perspective on it. :)

Kyla Denae said...

Why thank you Candy. :) I'm actually 16...I just forgot to update my little thingy on the sidebar. >.> It's updated now though! :D