Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Financial 'Watchdog'

Whole story here

Yet more government agencies are coming our way, with the proposed creation of a regulatory commission that would oversee the bad financial decisions of dumb people.

But, of course, that's not what they're calling.

Oh no. It would have 'broad authority' to 'protect consumers' from various financial matters, such as mortgages, credit cards, and mutual funds.

Great. I always wanted to be sheltered from such things. I mean, I know that I'm just too stupid to know that a mortgage costs on average $1,000 a month. I'm also too stupid to know that credit cards are horrible, and should never be used by the irresponsible.

Yes, I'm just soo stupid Big Brother! Help me! Save me from my own stupid mistakes!!

Give me a break. This is just another excuse to eat up taxpayer money, and to usurp yet more authority over the people of America.

From the article- "The proposal could centralize enforcement of existing laws and create a vehicle for imposing tougher rules."

Um...and this is a good thing? Apparently so, especially when you're a Fascist Centralist. Or Globalist.

These laws and agencies are stupid. Like I said, these are just excuses to expand government power, and bring us more under it's sway. That is the goal here. Not to 'protect' us. Not to keep us safe. It is to bind us.

"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither, and will lose both."
Benjamin Franklin

No comments: