Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Korea, Nukes, & the UN

HELP!! North Korea is going to get us...or maybe not. I mean, considering their nukes aren't even that powerful. At least, not substantially more powerful than they were two years ago.

Besides, who cares if anybody has nukes?

So what if they decide they want to have weapons that could wipe out the entire world?

North Korea is a sovereign nation (my, what a concept), and we have no business telling them what they can and cannot do in their own country.

Am I a bit scared they have nukes? Yes. Do I think nukes are bad? Um...maybe. Do I think America and/or the UN should be forcing them to give their nukes up? No.

I understand that NKorea had a treaty with several other countries to get rid of their nuclear program.

But why do we care? Why should anyone care? So they decided to get rid of the stupid treaty (which was probably a bad idea in the first place), and go their own way. So?

Let me tell all of the wonderful 'peace' people out there- I am not adverse to peace. However, I find it hard to believe that Obama is for peace- despite his pressure to get rid of nukes- when he's pushed yet another war in Afghanistan. Yeah, that's real peace-lovin'!

Let's just let every country have nukes. If one country actually sets one off, that country will be in trouble. If everybody had nukes, we wouldn't have to worry about nukes, because each country would be too afraid to set them off, for fear of the repurcussions.

'Nuff said.

No comments: