Friday, April 10, 2009

MORE Money?!

Alright, so I know this is probably absolutely no surprise to anyone, but...President Obama is requesting Congress for over $80 billion to channel into military operations in Afghanistan and the Middle East.

I've said it once; I'll say it again. This is stupid. And, I'll ask another old question. What happened to 'let's get out of the Middle East'?

Actually, I'd better amend that question. He never said the Middle East. He said Iraq, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This still makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why do we have to be over there? Iraq is still a struggling republic, yes, but they're never going to figure it out on their own if we stay in their business.

So, let's let them take care of it. That's why God gave them brains. Yes, I know I've been over this territory before, time and again. So, I won't waste your time with my rant, LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dumb, dumb, DUMB!!!
Oh, did you know that the song that plays when you go onto your blog says 'thank my lucky stars to be living here today' instead of 'thank my God above to be living here today?'
Good grief! ;) Jump5 has a great version of that and Star Spangled Banner. :)

veronica elise said...

This country is in quite enough debt to begin with, we don't need to spend more. I feel like the government is robbing us of our hard earned money to pay for rediculous things we don't even agree with. Does he really think he'll gain anyone's favor that way?

Kyla Denae said...

I heartily agree with you Veronica. It's stupid.

And Earwen- I know. They didn't have a different one on Project Playlist. ;)