Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tea Partiers Beware

This video is infuriating.

According to this lady, anyone who participated in the Tax Day Tea Parties (which I went to) is:

  • A racist
  • Confused
  • Ignorant of history
  • Hate a black man in the White House
  • Redneck
  • Right-winger
  • Ignorant, period
  • Unwilling to hear the 'truth'
  • Highly volatile
  • Brains are...not OK somehow
  • Have a neurological problem
  • Have a pathological problem
  • Are right-wingers, Conservatives, Republicans
  • Are 'white-power' activists
  • Unreasonable
  • It's ALL about racism!!
  • Are desperate
  • Hate black people
  • Hate immigrants
  • Liars
  • Are all white
  • It's corporate sponsored
  • It's all Fox News
  • All the people who went watch Fox
  • Anti-intellectual
  • Apathetic
  • Hateful
  • Fearful
  • Klan members

Let me say one thing:

THE TEA PARTY PROTESTS WERE NOT ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA!!

Okay, I have that out there.

The protests were about some of Obama's policies, yes. But they were more so about what is past- what Bush did, what Clinton did, heck, even what Bush Senior did!

Now with that said. I am not any of the things mentioned above! Unless, of course, I turned into a Republican and a KKK member without my knowledge. And watch Fox. And am a racist.

I do not hate President Obama. I am not adverse to a black man being in the White House. I honestly do not mind.

What I do mind is his policies. I have said it before, I will say it again- Obama's policies scare me, plain and simple.

What I hate is that the media keeps trying to spin the parties into some sort of protest against Obama. If you watch the news clips, they only show pictures of the anti-Obama posters- never the posters that are against Bush, etc.

What is up with that?

These are not protests against Obama. Yes, most of the people who go don't agree with him. But that doesn't mean that they're anti-Obama protests.

I can't believe this lady. I am not a Republican. Far from it. Yet I attended the tea parties. Do I agree with everyone there? No. Am I neurologically hampered? No. Am I a redneck? No.

So, Miss Janeane Garafalo...I really don't appreciate this. Not at all.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Well said and well explained. I totally agree with you 100%. I have never heard of Janeane Garofalo, but hearing her spew out all that hatred for non-O'Bama supporters is mightily unacceptable. It is definitely unappreciated by a mightily conservative young man. Thanks for the post. :)

Joshua :)