Thursday, October 22, 2009

Psalm American

Indolence is my shepherd, I shall not want, for unemployment insurance is with me.

My apathy maketh me to lie down before the TV, I am led through all you-can-eat buffets.

Commercials restoreth my appetite, they lead me in the way of gullibility for profits' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of responsibility, I shall fear nothing uncomfortable, for the government is with me; their rhetoric and promises they comfort me.

I preparest a table in the presence of my TV, I anointest mine head with a pillow, my cup runneth over for my belly's sake.

Surely good living and willful ignorance will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in a state of euphoria all the days of my life (hopefully).


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Kendra Logan said...

A-freakin'-men! I love that; I'm linking this to my facebook page ;D

~Kendra

Kyle Hendricks said...

Wow, this is so true. Sheds a lot of light...